In Agile , your goal is to get Done , working software to sprint review meeting at the end of the sprint , If is not done , you can’t show it.
Sample Definition of Done (DoD):
- Code is written with unit tests.
- Unit tests have a minimum of 75% Code Coverage.
- Code has been merged to Main.
- Code complies and unit tests pass when run as part of an automated build.
- Database schema objects are checked in to ALM tool (aka. TFS).
- Database upgrade script is written and checked in to ALM tool (aka. TFS).
- Code Review by someone other than the original author.
For Testing , Deployment and Ops:
- Written QA Test Plan.
- Tested with QA Test Plan by someone other than the original author.
- Deploying and Testing in Staging environment.
- Automated UI Test are written and pass.
- No severity 1 or 2 bugs.
- Reviewed by Product Owner.
- Passed Acceptance Criteria for the PBI
- Known deployment and rollback plan
- Deployment plan reviewed by Ops
- Database Changes reviewed by DBAs
- Load tested (Optional)
- Deployed to Production
Remember it is all about Done , Working Software.